I know it’s been a while since my last post. Since I started my blog, I had an agenda of what I wanted to post and when I wanted to post it. I eventually ran out of ideas once I got to the middle of July, and I didn’t feel like obsessing over it anymore. I still love blogging, and of course, I’m going to keep at it. From now on, I won’t worry about posting every other day; I’ll only write something whenever a new post-worthy idea comes to mind. The last thing I want to do is force anything when I can wait for inspiration to naturally come to me. With that being said, what have I been up to for the past two weeks?? I’ll keep it short, sweet, and simple. I’ve done (what feels like) quite a bit since my last blog post:
- I’ve had a bit of a depressing couple of days, but got myself out of it, thank God. Most of my stress was related to not being successful in my job search. All summer, I’ve applied for so many jobs from about four different job search engines. I haven’t heard back from any of them except one, and they moved forward with their decision. After being patient for months, I just broke down. Like I said, I’m doing fine now.
- I was recently interviewed for an internship at a digital publishing agency, and I’m going to be starting on Tuesday! It’s a dream come true, and an excellent starting point in my writing career. There’s also a possibility of the internship turning into employment. This happened right after my stressful few days, too. Won’t He do it!
- Last week, I started making a wig with the crochet braids that I ordered from AliExpress way back when, and I just finished it last night. It turned out well for my first time, and I’m proud of myself. The downside is that it’s kind of heavy. Beauty is pain though, right? I’m not sure when I’ll start wearing it yet.
- I’ve been concentrating on my writing a lot more, and I’m currently editing a manuscript that I wrote back in high school. The number of times I used the word “really” and “very” and “just” made me want to kick my seventeen-year-old self. All I can say is that I’ve improved A LOT in my writing and narrative skills since then. I’m a little more than halfway finished going through the entire manuscript with my edits.
- I started reading a book, but I haven’t been keeping up with it. It’s Jojo Moyes’ Me Before You, but I saw the movie when it first came out two summers ago. Maybe that’s what’s been stopping me from continuing with the book.
My short, sweet, and simple blog post is getting a little lengthy now, so I’ll conclude here. Thank you so much for reading.